Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Ken travels over night once every month for work. Last night was one of those nights. We really missed Daddy! The boys went to bed as usual, but Cole ended up in bed with me after waking several times. He has developed a snore over the last several months and last night took the cake. It was so bad, I had trouble sleeping as I watched the poor kid try to get some rest. The episodes were worth documenting to show our pediatrician, I even got the video camera out in the middle of the night as I set out to make a documentary of "A Night with Cole". By morning, I was exhausted and so was Cole from a restless sleep. For the most part, both Cole and Sawyer seemed in good spirits and we headed off to our Tuesday morning MOPS group as we do every other Tuesday. I spoke with the nurse at the pediatricians office when they opened at 09:00 about Cole's night of snoring and apnea events. She booked an appointment for Cole for 11:50. Let me remind you all that Cole and Sawyer were playful and happy. I enjoyed my MOPS meeting with adult conversation while the kids were off in their class playing happily with all the other kids. Sawyer grinned his bright toothy grin when I picked him up after my MOPS meeting and Cole was happy to see Mommy too! We headed to the pediatricians office to show Dr. Costello my documentary..."A Night with Cole". When I loaded Sawyer and Cole into the stroller and headed into the doctors office, I noticed Sawyer had a small amount of yellow discharge from his eye, but still full of Sawyer smiles. I kid you not, over the next few minutes both Cole and Sawyer's eyes were running with yellow goop. So, my visit with the doctor to show him Cole's snoring, turns into both kids having ragging double ear infections...who would have thought! It was a moment when I was glad I had connections at the pharmacy! By the time we left the office, both kids were acting like they weren't feeling well and nasty yellow crud drainging faster than I could wipe away from their poor little eyes. This was the first ear infections for both the boys...a double wammy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! I hope they're feeling better today!
Post a Comment