It was about five o'clock tonight when the door bell rang at our house. It was a neighborhood boy named Jack, 10 years old, who sometimes stops by to skateboard with Ken. Yes, the kids come over to see if Ken (all 32 years of him) wants to go out and play. Today, Ken was at work. Jack was disappointed Ken wasn't around to skate. After Jack left, Cole went into the livingroom.
Mommy: Cole, what are you looking for?
Cole: My new shoes.
Mommy: They are right there in that bag.
Cole: O.K. (grabs his shoes and sits on the couch)
Mommy: What are you doing?
Cole: Putting on my skateboard shoes. I'm going skateboarding with Jack.
Mommy: You are? We can't go out right now...it's getting dark and Daddy will be home from work soon.
Cole: (In his "cool" voice) I'm just going to Jack's house. Don't worry Mom. I will be brave.
I swear...he would have just put on his shoes and left the house if I wasn't watching...all 2 years and 10 months of him!

1 comment:
LOL!!! He's such a big boy! That's hysterical!
Post a Comment