I have been wanting to get Cole up on skis this winter and my hope was to do it before his 4th Birthday on March 23rd...he is officially 3 years 10 months and 4 weeks! So...I just made it! We were fortunate enough to borrow equipment from our good friends Elizabeth and Keith (Christopher's Mommy and Daddy) for Cole to use. We planned to meet them at Smugg's for some skiing with the boys! I was hoping that we would stay at the mountain longer than it took to get there...one hour! Cole was very excited about this big day of skiing, especially after watching the 2010 Olympic Games this week...this may have set his standards for himself a little high! My plan was to teach him how to make a slice of pizza with his skis, walk like a duck and practice starting and stopping. Of course, I wouldn't need my ski the first day...so I thought...not to mention that I have no idea where they are with all our stuff in storage and a broken toe. He stuck to my plan for about 45 seconds and then decided he was ready for the magic carpet to get him to the top of the hill! For those of you that know Cole, you know that when he gets something in his head, he doesn't back down easy. It was basically go up the magic carpet or he was going to go home. Up he went and didn't want any help from his mom! Guess I should have brought my skis because before I knew it, I was at the top of the hill with Cole on his skis and me in my winter boots! Even after much discussion with Cole that learning to ski takes patience and time...he was very confident he was ready to "ski fast down the hill". He made it down with some help form his mommy and a little distracted by the tractor that was bringing kids to and from the ski hill and had decided that was what he wanted to do next, but he made it. Luckily, Christopher, Keith and Elizabeth arrived to redirect Cole to the mountain and Keith stepped in to help Cole. Cole had a blast skiing with Keith and Christopher encouraged Cole on! Thank you so much Elizabeth, Keith and Christopher for making Cole's first day on skis a great day. P.S...He is still calling himself Bode!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So cute!! He looks like a natural!
Post a Comment